Welcome Back

Salad with grapefruit

Written By Unknown on вторник, 17 февраля 2015 г. | 20:54

Once upon a time I tried a salad with grapefruit in a restaurant. And recently, passing the fruit department in the supermarket, decided to buy a grapefruit and try to repeat this salad at home.
All the ingredients of the salad I do not remember, but I was then pleasantly surprised that it was applied in the bowl of grapefruit halves. Inspired by this idea, I found an interesting salad recipe, and even tried to make myself such a "salad bowl".

To prepare 4 servings of salad will need the following ingredients:


1 grapefruit
Prunes - 100g.
boiled chicken - 300 gr.
pine nuts - 50 gr.
mayonnaise - to taste


Calcined pine nuts in a pan for a few minutes.
Prunes cut into not very finely.
Chicken fillet cut into medium dice.
Clear the grapefruit. You can do it the traditional method.
But I decided to keep the peel intact for serving salad, so cut it without affecting the core, took the tip, and from the remaining halves gently pulled the flesh.
Pulp is cleaned from grapefruit and white films, since they impart a bitter taste too. We grind cloves and add to the remaining ingredients.
Add the mayonnaise and mix. Salad we serve at the request of either in grapefruit bowls or in conventional plates.
I only have one serving was a grapefruit half. To make it more beautiful, I made ​​along the edge of a small pattern.
Decorate the salad with pine nuts.
The result I was very pleased. I'm not a fan of complex, multi-component salads. And at first it seemed to me that the products are not very incongruous. But, in fact, all the ingredients are very suitable, and most importantly - useful, one might even say, diet: nuts, prunes, grapefruit, boiled chicken.
And the taste of the salad was very nice. Bitter note of grapefruit balanced by the sweetness of prunes and chicken makes the texture more tender. Pine nuts, although they are used for decoration, also an important component: added sweetness and perfectly complement the whole composition.
Therefore, this salad would highly recommend to try it!
SHARE

About Unknown

0 коммент. :

Отправить комментарий